Thursday, April 5, 2012

Meet Spencer Larson!

I don't think I've ever mentioned this before but I live in exciting Las Vegas! And everyday Monday through Friday along with 2 million other folks, I drive the long drive to work....It is about 45 minutes of a drive mainly because of traffic. On one of the busiest freeways (in the world) Spencer Larson decided to grab my attention...by getting on a stationary bike on top of a storage unit and riding it to set an example. It sounds kind of strange. At first, It was for me too. We have a lot of advertisements in this town. Billboards are EVERYWHERE! And when I first saw Spencer trotting along on his bike in one spot...I didn't think he was a human LOL I thought he was an advertisement. Then the next day...I'm driving along and see him wave to a guy that honked his horn next to me. I was wondering, what the heck is this guy doing? And then I thought...HOW AWESOME! He gets the best view ever! And he gets to show other people how it is done.

So another day goes by and this time I have my eye out for him. I'm getting closer and closer and I see him. and on the storage unit is a banner....   www.1minuteexercisechallenge.com

HOW DOPE IS THIS DUDE?!? Is my first thought! Let me just tell you it is very hard to grasp my attention longer than a minute. I'm the biggest example of what A-D-D is! I already forgot what I was just typing...it's that serious but 20-30 minutes later as I'm pulling into the drive way of my house I'm already grabbing my phone to see what his website is all about! And here I found his youtube link! 

http://youtu.be/nzKA8uQWLJg




He works out for 5 hours a day and all he asks is that you do 5 minutes...not a simple 5 minutes but 5 minutes out of your day to work out in an intense way. That is motivation! On his website, facebook, twitter, and even the few articles that fellow news websites have done on him, he doesn't get too wordy with his goals like most fitness gurus do. He has a goal and is just out there showing people it CAN be done! He wants to make a difference. He's not forcing dreams and goals down your throat but at the same time he does lol I know that doensn't make sense but he doesnt say hes going to do this...HE actually does! He just wants you to put the remote down and work out for 5 minutes doing jumping jacks or squats. I'm going to start following him on youtube so I can get the groove of his simple workouts. I did a combination of a walk/jog tonight for 90 minutes and when I got home did a few of his videos...and I could feel the results! :) I know I'm being silly but honestly! Get up! It's easy. 


This guy is REAL! He wants to make a difference so let's help him do it. Because by helping him you are really just helping yourself. 


Hugs, Love, and Fitness, 
Cynthia :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment