Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Birthday lovin's :)


My birthday week just ended!

On to the rest of the year! :) 

I'm not one of those people that MUST make it a point to tell everyone that it's their birthday and have a huge celebration! I'm quite the opposite. For some reason, I don't like the attention one gets on birthdays! HAHA! Something about a group of people standing around you in a circle singing Happy Birthday has always been very uncomfortable. I'm not shy or anything. I can get up and do a speech in front of a room and nail like a pro but for some reason...the happy birthday song makes me incredibly uncomfortable. LOL! My family and most of my friends know this and I think they secretly enjoy it. OOOOH! One thing I despise more than friends and family singing it....is when the restaurant sings it. SOOOO AWKWARD!! haha thank goodness that didn't happen this past week. 

and I typically do not celebrate my birthday at all. 2 years ago I actually went to a funeral on my birthday and it was a very bittersweet day for me. RIP mama Josie! :) Last year, I spent my birthday at Lowes buying home stuff. Haha! Just to give ya examples of my day...I think everyone gets it though. I just dont. 

Well....this year I wanted to be surrounded around happiness. And MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Some may know that I am on a special diet called the HCG. It's a crazy diet and I wouldn't recommend anyone trying it if they only need to lose 5 lbs or so. I am doing it because I want to be thin and feel great about myself again. Anyway...thats a whole other topic....The first 2 days of the diet...you get to do what is called a LOAD UP! You get to eat/drink whatever you want! And someone told me the more you consume during those 2 days...the more you lose during the actual diet...so I try to EAT too much when I'm on it. My favorite foods and snacks and just JUNK! haha So...my really wonderful beautiful friend Kathy decided to take me and her daughter out (Her birthday was a week before mine) out for dinner! Very kind of her! We went to alehouse at had a stellar time! Actually...back up! We went to alehouse and since the fights and games and everything was on...we were told it was a 2 hour wait...so we went shopping! :D We got a lot of cool things. Sephora! Victoria's secret! :) just fun girls time! :D Aw man...we didn't make it to san rio!!!!! Grr..next time!


Dinner was a blast! I got my fav chicken strips! LOL so boring right? I love em! Then we decided to go to serendipity at Forum. And if you guys have ever been there...You should all know that it is a maze to get there....In fact, by the time we did get there...we had to leave! haha!



we ran into tourists on the way....while we were looking at the map of the casino...these man approached us and asked to take our photo. What the heck!?! So we got to talking and then they ended up singing Happy Birthday to me in the middle of Forum shops! So humilating!!! haha and We got a photo. I'll put in the blog so you guys can see how uncomfortable I look haha They both kissed me on the cheek. Very nice men from Canada and one of them is actually an FB friend. hi new friend if you can see this! haha so I got to hear the birthday song a few times this year...Gr whatevs. 



Anyway I had a really amazing time with Kathy and her beautiful daughter! They're such wonderful ladies and so glad to have them in my life. They'll always have a special happy spot in my heart! :) 



Ohhh haha Friday night was also very cool! I went out with my family to an Ethopian restaurant and if you guys have never gone to one...I kinda recommend it! It just brings a group of people together...You have to order your stuff and then they bring it out on a huge tray and you share it. I think I have a picture of that as well. I will post that too! :) I wasnt crazy about the food...but the experience was fun. Plus..I was with my family...and I just adore each one of them to pieces! Earlier that day...my parents got their citizenship! Such a proud moment in my life. It was like I was attending their graduation or something. So happy! :) 



So we ended up downtown and had a good ole jolly time as well! :)

and Today (Sunday) I chilled! Because of the diet...I tried to eat all my favs and ended up being in a "food coma" so I didnt even eat dinner...and as i type this it is now 12:25 in the morning...I'm still stuffed from everything this weekend. So I was a very lazy larry today on a very lazy sunday! :) 

ALSO! Geez...I suck at goodbyes! 

My coworkers are so amazing! And I've never felt more love from a company ever! They bought me a very beautiful cake...wish I would have gotten a pic! :( and they bought me flowers...and presents and they got to sing happy birthday too! haha It was such a happy day even though i've been sick the past week. Gr. go away sickies!

Anyway...I'm super blessed and so grateful to have everyone in my life. You all made me feel so special and I love you all so very much! :) 

Hugs and Love!

Cynthia

P.S I'm new to this blog computer stuff and have no idea how to make the font look like all the other blogs! HAHA! Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment