I SHOULD HAVE DIED! Police have no idea how I survived it. Though we had our differences, my dad was the first to know about it and showed up immediately. I was being taken away to the ER and while I was drifting away from the world...my dad was being shown what happened during my accident. 4 inches and I would have flown out the window...in fact my hair was ripped from my head and was stuck in between the door handle. He was really scared for me.
I remember being in the paramedic with the super cute guy (Hi where ever you are!) and drifting off....I remember it being very white like a very bright room with freshly painted walls and memories past me by...at the end of what felt like the longest dream ever...I remember having a conversation with someone and they asked me, "are you proud of yourself?" and I wasn't. I responded to whoever it was in my dream and said, "No I'm not! I need to do bigger and better things with my life, but if today were my last day I think I'd die content with what life brought me." And I guess content was not the correct answer to his question because a blurry very cute paramedic face showed up as I was about to shut out. "Cynthia? Cynthia?" I stared at him for a long moment and he said, "Phew, thought I lost ya! Don't worry! We are almost to the hospital and we have really great doctors that will take care of you! I promise!"
He held up to his promise. Those doctors, nurses, staff members, and eventually physical therapists really helped me through that time in my life. I didn't have insurance at the time and I was in debt. Making 8 bucks an hr at the gap..you get the picture...I was not doing so well.
I had to be put on bed rest for a really long time...I cut it short after a month. Turns out when life is passing you by while you're in bed....You fight to live! I remember being in that bed, getting fed jello by my brother...oh how fun that was! and having the occasional visitor. I had a lot of time to think about my life. What I had done, Where I was at, What was next? I didn't know. I still don't...but I know that whoever I was having that conversation with...gave me that second chance. I wasn't ready to be taken from the world that cold January night.
I changed my ways. Stopped hanging out with the crowd that was bringing me down all the time. I got involved with my family and shaped up quick. I'm doing better but I still have all kinds of dreams and goals that I'd like to achieve.
I was given a second chance and I thank the heavenly stars every chance I get for it. I'm beyond blessed to have this life!
Let's do something with our lives. Let's not let them pass us by. I'm 27 and just yesterday I remember blowing 16 candles out on the beautiful sweet sixteen birthday cake! It was just a blink of an eye ago! So it's short but let's make it worth the ride!
Hugs and Love,
Cynthia
No comments:
Post a Comment